LETTER OF COMMITMENT SAMPLE
(This letter can be used for boards of directors, committees, and working groups. If it is used as a Board Letter of Commitment, make sure to add two more bullets – one that ensures commitment to legal compliance and another that ensures a commitment to the best interest of the organization as a whole.)
I understand that my role as a _____________ is a significant responsibility and will make it a priority. I look forward to working with this team and, like the others, I:
* Support the Mission, Vision, Values and Goals of the organization.
* Will offer my expertise to help ensure the health and success of the organization.
* Will contribute significantly to fundraising and program activities, including making a stretch gift to the organization and/or assisting in bringing significant funding to the organization, such as offering names and introductions to potential donors, sponsors and grant makers, each full year I serve.
* Will work with the rest of the team to communicate the organization’s role to our most important audiences.
* Will attend in person or by phone, at least ¾ or the meetings held each year I serve and, whether I attend or not, will continually communicate with the team and the main coordinator to ensure I understand all current affairs.
* Will actively participate in all requests for my assistance and response.
I have read and fully agree to this Letter of Commitment and look forward to assisting the organization in this role.
Signed __________________________________________ Date ______________
Print name __________________________________________
(include instructions on how to return the signed original and to whom.)