One Street Press
We've launched One Street Press, our publishing arm, as we develop our own books for our programs.
Most local book stores will be able to order it for you.
It is also available at online booksellers around the world e.g. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kalahari (za), Fishpond (au), Libri (de), etc. Check your favorite online bookseller.
Take a look at the Table of Contents to get an idea of what you'll find in the book.
Please post our Press Release about the book.
Once we have a few more titles under our belts, we look forward to requesting manuscripts for books that will help readers increase bicycling and learn all the crazy dynamics of social change, especially for creating bicycling societies.
One Street’s Writing Services offer a bridge between bicycling’s best trumpeters and its skeptics. Sue Knaup, our professional writer on staff (and Executive Director), has worked with leaders from all sectors and all levels of support for bicycling. She listens to your vision and reshapes your words to resonate with even the staunchest critics without losing your passion and message.
Our goal is to save you time and take daunting writing tasks off your to-do list. Just a few of the projects we love to work on include:
Sue’s writing experience includes:
- published author in periodicals and as author/co-author of four books
- five university-level creative writing and publishing courses
- participation at six professional writer continuing ed conferences
- member of Professional Writers of Prescott and critique group
- countless coaching sessions with leaders reshaping their words
Sue has also worked in all sectors of the bicycle movement: as the owner of a bike shop for thirteen years, as a leader of nonprofits, and as a member of government commissions. No matter your role for the movement, Sue understands your needs.
- Can bill by the project or by the hour (contact us for hourly rates).
- New clients must pay 1/3 up-front. Also applies to jobs over $2,000.
- Additional fees of at least 25% of total project cost apply to jobs with deadlines of 48 hours or less, and at least 50% for jobs that require weekend work.
- Full payment of agreed upon fee is required even if project is killed for any reason after completion of our writing services.
- If project is killed during the copywriting stage, full payment of all hours invested up to that point is required.
- All fees quoted include two rounds of revisions. Additional revisions will be charged at our hourly rate.
- We can discuss more specific terms when we discuss your project.